The illuminated Super Mario Bros. question block nightlight! Lit up like a Tiffany Lamp and using the same stained-glass techniques of my airship's stern, this little box was inspired by the sexy geeky burlesque girl Luna Chase, who does a Super Mario striptease using a similar illuminated question block! The tile pattern is based off a sprite from the original Super Mario Bros., and mixes red, yellow and orange transparent pieces. I also reused the clear stanchion technique from my airship to create the illusion of hovering yet again!
This project was intended to be built simultaneously with my airship, and was supposed to sit on the ship’s same table to make a giant Mario-themed diorama. I put it on the backburner and just now picked it back up, and made the final touches and electrical work. The actual lamp is a small corded candelabra base, and the bulb is a small 7 Watt incandescent bulb; I also experimented with using a 20 Watt Halogen 300 lumen bulb, which was much brighter, but produced a lot of heat — and I feared it would melt the LEGO bricks!
The person who sold me the tiles (for the lid) was Dave Lovelace, creator of the popular “Retarded Animal Babies” cartoon series; and he’s the owner of a large LEGO parts store on Bricklink.com! He deliberately gave me free extra pieces in the hopes that I’ll create the question block efficiently!
-Baron von Brunk
- isabolovesdonuts likes this
- heroicyoshimitsu likes this
- kirbastc reblogged this from vonbrunk
- elveydpotter reblogged this from vonbrunk
- ariaster reblogged this from vonbrunk
- ariaster likes this
- mutuba likes this
- bentrivettontherocks likes this
- kockamaniahu reblogged this from vonbrunk
- kockamaniahu likes this
- tinkertaylorpacker likes this
- iwalkwithheroes reblogged this from vonbrunk
- xvinox reblogged this from vonbrunk
- karateon reblogged this from vonbrunk
- vonbrunk posted this